If you are new to blogging and you would like to encourage more participation from your reader and build a community of your own, you can disable your NOFOLLOW attribute to give an incentive to your readers to react and leave comments on your post. This is also a good way to increase traffic and attract more visitors to your blog. Here are some more reasons why removing the NOFOLLOW attribute is worthwhile:
- Increase the number of comments on your posts.
- Encourage repeat visits and comments (increase in traffic).
- A DoFollow link is a way to thank people who take the time to comment on your blog. (Link Love and Increase in Technorati Blog Reaction)
- Being generous can give you alot of benefits - more friends, more readers etc.
Wordpress BlogFor wordpress users you can download a plugin to automate the process. It will disable the automatic rel="nofollow" attributes added to external links. You may want to do this if you have good spam filtering for your comments, or if your blog is moderated.
Optionally you can also set a comment age limit for adding the attributes, or have them removed differently from comments left by registered users and other visitors.
Pingbacks and trackbacks are just different types of comments in WordPress. This plugin will take care of all of them. You can also choose not to remove rel="nofollow" from some types of comments.
Download the Plugin Now.
Download Do-Follow Plugin and save it in the wp-content/plugins directory of your WordPress installation. Activate the DoFollow plugin in the Plugins admin page.
Once activated, the plugin provides a DoFollow subpage in the Options page. It will show you the current operating mode in addition to the configuration options.
Blogger BlogsFor Blogger users, here’s the simple instruction on how to disable your NOFOLLOW attribute on your comments.
- Go to your ‘TEMPLATE’ Tab.
- Click on ‘EDIT HTML’.
- Tick on ‘EXPAND WIDGET TEMPLATE’.
- Scroll down until you find this code:
Remove the code in red and you’re good to go.
Lets spread the love!Cheers
Did you like my post? Feel free to post your comments or Subscribe to my feeds.